Although it’s been nearly two weeks since I posted anything here, new people keep finding their way to the blog. Welcome, and may you find many reasons to be full of hope in spite of what can seem like a world gone mad.
Since I began this blog in May 2011, hundreds of thousands of people have stopped by. I’m so grateful to you all for sharing this journey with me.
A partial goodbye
As 2016 approaches, I am turning my attention to the long list of writing and photography projects pulling at me like a dog tugging on a chew toy. Given the realities of the 24-hour day, I won’t be adding new posts here but will leave the blog for you to wander around in when you need a boost.
I will still add to the Facebook and Scoop.it pages, with links to inspiring stories to make you smile, cheer and believe that change is not just possible, it’s happening. So this is only a partial goodbye to a project I started several years ago with the intent of finding 1,001 reasons for hope.
This is #1,329, and I can honestly say casting my net for reasons for hope has been like getting a vaccination against despair. I still see what’s wrong in the world, but I see how much more is right. We have to do something about the former. We need to celebrate and shout about the latter.
My favorite places to find hope
When you start looking for hope, you find it everywhere. But I do have a small list of places I turn to on a regular basis. I didn’t know about any of them until I started this hope journey. Now they brighten my life every week. Here they are:
- Good News Network
- Kindness Blog shares media featuring kindness in all its varied forms
- The Better India: Positive news. Happy stories. Unsung Heroes.
- NationSwell: Meet the people renewing America
- Center for Courage & Renewal and their newsletter, Words of EnCOURAGEment
- GOOD: A magazine for the global citizen
- Greater Good: The Science of a Meaningful Life
- Inspiralight: Inspiring Stories, Adventures & Social Experiments
- DailyGood: News that Inspires
- Quiet Revolution: Unlocking the Power of Introverts
- Elephant Journal
Some hope-filled individuals who give me a regular boost
- Brian Andreas, with his StoryPeople story of the day
- Molly Hahn and her Buddha Doodles
- Kristin Noelle and her Trust Notes
- Maria Popova, with her extraordinary Brainpickings: An inventory of the meaning of life
- Krista Tippett’s On Being
- Toni Powell’s Goodness Gracious Me
- Nimesh Patel’s Empty Hands Music
You will find me here
As I turn to the delicious projects demanding attention, you will find me regularly in several places. Drop by. Say hello.