Raise5 is the quirkiest fundraising site I’ve ever come across. It also has the lowest entry fee. Everything costs $5.
I’ll let them explain:
Raise5 is a fundraising platform that gives everyone a creative way to raise money for their favourite charities and non-profit organizations with their free time and talents.
It works through a system of micro-donations. One person donates a small service or task – for example, teaching a 15-minute French lesson, setting up a new laptop, or providing marketing tips. Another person can buy the service for a flat rate of $5 and the money will go to the service-donor’s charity/non-profit of choice.
That’s all there is to it. Here are some of the offerings and the causes they want to support:
- Hassan will help you name your product (United Way)
- Amanada will give you an introduction to Arabic (Red Cross)
- Shawn will design a draft logo (Doctors Without Borders)
- Laura will design your business card (Zimele Canada)
- Curtis will draw a pencil sketch of a person, object or scene (Red Cross)
- Ian will share your website with his 1900+ Facebook friends (Compassion International)
- Mark will give you a voice lesson (Red Cross)
- Alison will give you tips on finding daycare (United Way)
You get the idea. People are doing more than raise money on this site. They are sharing a piece of themselves.