All posts in "Spirituality"
4 Shares

#1105 Change your life, and maybe the world, in 3 easy steps

By Cathryn Wellner / August 30, 2014

Chade-Meng Tan has a rather unusual title. He is Google’s official Jolly Good Fellow. He acquired the moniker by taking advantage of the company’s scheme to encourage innovation: work on Google projects 80 percent of the time, spend the remaining 20 percent on whatever interests you. He chose to work on emotional intelligence, with an […]

Share
23 Shares

#1092 Dreams give us wings

By Cathryn Wellner / August 17, 2014

The poet Langston Hughes was born in Joplin, Missouri in 1902. Poetry took hold of his imagination in his early years. His poems, short stories, plays and novels are a rich exploration of nearly five decades of the experience of black Americans. This small poem is one of his best known. Its eight lines are […]

Share
5 Shares

#1090 They stand firm against the terror of Muslim fundamentalism

By Cathryn Wellner / August 15, 2014

Karima Bennoune, professor of international law at the University of California-Davis School of Law, is telling the stories of women and men risking their lives to counter right-wing fundamentalistm. She asks us to do the same. Always in her mind is the bravery of her father. In the 1990s the University of Algiers professor faced […]

Share
18 Shares

#1059 Older ladies rock! And so does Donnalou Stevens

By Cathryn Wellner / July 15, 2014

If you’re feeling down, meet the irrepressible Donnalou Stevens. Her Older Ladies video will rocket your spirits right out of the doldrums. It is no wonder it has gone viral since it was posted on YouTube in early June. As an artist she creates joy and magic with her colourful art. She says in her […]

Share
40 Shares

#959 Catch the hope habit

By Cathryn Wellner / March 2, 2014

“Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ~ Rumi A lot of people share my appreciation for the quote from Rumi. It appears all over the Web, with no attribution to the translator who made it available to us. Whatever its origin, […]

Share
Page 2 of 11